Yuri’s Night at IAC 2022 in Paris!
Wednesday, 21 Sept 2022
20:00 – 01:00
Palais Maillot Paris
2 Place de la Porte Maillot, Paris, 75017, FR
Twitter/IG/FB username: @YurisNight
Tickets & Info: https://yurisnight.net/iac
Ticket prices: $35 – 500
Yuri’s Night is back for the fourth time at the IAC! Join the “World Space Party” in Paris for a night filled with dancing, art, costumes, music, and all things space on Wednesday, 21 September 2022 at Palais Maillot. Meet our Space Ambassadors, mingle with fellow space enthusiasts, bump into a rocket scientist, look at the sky through a telescope, create artwork to send to space, or grab a photo with an astronaut!
Blue Origin Astronaut and DJ Chris Boshuizen will be headlining our musical acts as Dr Chrispy.
Unistellar telescopes will be on site making live observations of the universe.
Blue Origin’s Club For the Future will have Postcards to Space station for making art to send up on a New Shepard Rocket.
Uplift Aerospace will be making an announcement with their Space+5 Astronaut team.
Special guests for the evening will include our Space Ambassadors:
- Dr. Sian Proctor, CEO of SPACE2INSPIRE and the JEDI Space Foundation, first black female spacecraft pilot (on Inspiration 4 in 2021)
- Christina Korp, Christina Korp is an astronaut manager, space advisor, Founder of SPACE For a Better World and the president of Purpose Entertainment
- Eric Ingram, Co-Founder of space domain awareness startup SCOUT, Inc, and Ambassador for Mission: AstroAccess
- Camille Elizabeth aka The Galactic Gal, aerospace engineer, parabolic flight coach, and science communicator
- Matt Gohd, CEO of Zero Gravity Corporation, the only FAA-approved provider of parabolic flights in the US
- Joan Melendez-Misner, Space+5 Crew and NASA Engineer
- Mike Mongo, Space+5 Crew and Astronaut Teacher
- Sydney Hamilton, Space+5 Astronaut, mathematician, and aerospace engineer
- Trent Tresch, Space+5 Astronaut and founder of the University of Arizona Center for Human Space Exploration
- Ruben Salinas (in absentia), Space+5 Astronaut
- __ Winner of the Space Prize
Yuri’s Night is project of The SpaceKind Foundation, a US-based non-profit organization using the excitement and inspiration of space as a catalyst for educating and developing the next generation of explorers.
Will there be food?
Some food will be available for purchase. We suggest you grab dinner before you arrive. Paris is filled with places to grab a bite late!
What should I wear?
We have a space themed-nightclub vibe that encourages costumes, play/cosplay and self expression! You can wear black pants or galaxy leggings, your favorite Sci-fi costume, or what you would wear to a nightclub on a Saturday night. Coming straight from the IAC to Yuri’s Night? Then you’re already in costume as a space professional!
Is this an all ages event?
Since this is a night club environment we don’t encourage people to bring kids. But just like at Burning Man, some people will. If you would bring your kids to a club, feel free to bring them to Yuri’s Night.