Because you cannot come to Paris without exploring it, guided tours with professional tour guides will be organised during the 73rd International Astronautical Congress. Paris is a multifaceted city and there are thousands of ways to discover it.
You already have special requests for your stay in Paris? Please email email@example.com and share your expectations with us.
Good to know about Paris
- The currency is the euros (€)
- Paris is in the GMT+1 time zone
- The electricity network has adopted the European standard voltage of 230V, with frequency of 50Hz.
- Tap water is drinkable.
- Wi-Fi is available in the majority of Parisian bars and restaurants, as well as at more than 260 municipal sites (public gardens, museums, etc.) via 400 Wi-Fi access points and hotspots.
- Shops are open from Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (on average), they are open on Sunday in five tourist areas of Paris.
- Most taxis accept payment by banker’s card.
- In the event of a strike, a minimum service is guaranteed during busy times on public transport.
- Banks are usually open from Monday to Friday, automated teller machines (ATMs) function 24/7.
- Visas: people requiring a visa to come France should apply to the French consulate in their country of origin. Details of addresses can be found on the website of the French Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
- Tourist tax: the Paris City Council collects a visitor tax that applies to paying accommodation. The tax varies from €0,20 to €1,50 per person and per day, and is included in the prince of the room.